Student Development Committee
The Student Development Committee deals with all student activities and is made up of industry members, Officers of the SPE Student Chapters and four Academic Sponsors.
The Student Development mission statement is 'Excellence, Integrity, Professionalism, Life-long learning, Diversity, Volunteerism, Innovation and Social Responsibility'
The three core values are:
- To collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development and production of oil and gas resources, and related fields for the benefit of the Scottish University Students
- To provide opportunities for Scottish University Students to enhance their technical and professional competence
- To liaison with the Industry and to provide financial support and coaching to the Scottish Universities and their SPE Student Chapter
The Committee have an eventful programme for 2012-2013, covering the following topics:
- General Committee Meetings
- Election of Student Chapters
- University Bursary
- Websites Interconnection
- Support - Attendance to Technical Events
- Designated Website Owner (Student Assistantship)
- Specialized Conferences
The current chair of the Student Developement Committee is Shankar Bhukya.
He can be contacted by email at: email@example.com