Schools Career Guidance Committee
The Schools Career Guidance (SCG) committee provides an industry focus for primary and secondary schools and our members are involved in numerous initiatives and events :
- Working closely with SPE SD, YP & AP Committees.
- Active participation in COGeS (In line with key objectives)
- Provide guides and support at “energise your future” events
- “How energy works books?” – School distribution
- Evaluation of “energy4me” kits in relation to Scottish Curriculum
- Pilot “Energy4me” kits and School presentations with YP support
- Secure sponsorship for SPE “Oil & Natural gas” books
- Pupils CV & portfolio development pilot project support. (SCIPS / CTC)
- School careers events to promote careers in the oil and gas industry
- Providing financial and volunteer support to TechFest-Setpoint
- Sponsoring Maths In The Pipeline
- Sponsorship and support for “Education Day” at the All-energy Exhibition & Conference
and many other events, pupil, teacher, career adviser and School support initiatives.
At a strategic level the CG committee are partners in the COGeS forum which stands for Careers in the Oil, Gas & energy Sectors. Membership of the group consists of Senior Executives from Aberdeen City & Shire Schools, OPITO, ACSEF, Energy Institute and SPE.
The key objectives of COGeS (Careers in the Oil, Gas & energy Sectors) are as follows:
- 'Industry Ready' young people with skills for learning, life & work.
- 'Industry aware educators (Teachers, guidance teachers & career advisors)' through quality opportunities for their CPD
- 'Educationally aware' industry
- Linking young people to real career opportunities
- Linking industry to potential trainees
- Create a map/matrix of the Oil, Gas & Energy Industry Schools initiatives and calendar of events
- Create an exemplar model of collaboration and share best practice with other UK (And International regions)
“If you are enthusiastic about this great industry and can spare some time to support these very rewarding activities please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nadya Shnuchkina, SPE SCG Chair, of Conoco Phillips.